Laptop Harddrive to Desktop Computer Recovery

Closed
ManWhoNeedsHelp - Nov 21, 2009 at 04:05 AM
 CooCachu - Nov 22, 2009 at 02:27 AM
Hello,

I had a laptop with a failed motherboard.

I extracted the hard drive from it and bought myself a Laptop to IDE Hard Drive Adapter Cable for it. I hooked it up to the hard drive and made sure that it was connected to the slave part of the cable. Everything was plugged in exactly as it need to be.

I turn on the desktop computer and went to a black screen, nothing happened it stayed black. I restarted and went into BIOS (F1), my desktop hard rive was detected however my other hard drive was no where to be found even when I tried to auto detect it.

So, I turned the computer off, pulled the laptop hard drive off of the slave plugin, turned on the computer, and it started running with my regular hard drive.

Then I turned off the computer again, took my desktop hard drive off of master, connected the laptop hard drive to the master plugin, booted up the computer and it now tells me on the blank screen that there is no hard drive present.

What the heck do I do from here guys?
Related:

3 responses

atencorps Posts 2 Registration date Friday November 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 21, 2009
Nov 21, 2009 at 04:24 AM
probably best to get one of the HARD DRIVE Cradles
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 656
Nov 21, 2009 at 04:40 AM
hi there,

as you are using a converter for the laptop

hard disk t retrieve your data

you must select the master jumper for the hard disk

then you plug it after booting in windows and not before booting

it work like a pendrive via usb port

Thanks
Not sure mate.