I have tried everything mentioned in this forum and they still do not work.
I have a sheet with the date appearing dd/mm/yyyy, I have tried Format Cells-Date-Type (mm/dd/yy) but it still stays in the format dd/mm/yyyy. I even went to Custom-Type(m/d/yyy) still nothing changes.
1. Select the column in which there was date
2. Goto data and choose text to column
3. choose delimited and click next
4. uncheck all and click next
5. click on date and choose right data format of the date that you currently have. It seems that you have DMY, Chose that and finish
This will transform the cells to date
Now format the date as you wish
Was this answer helpful?Thanks for your feedback.
Don't forget to take a few seconds to say thanks: Thanks for your feedback.
We're sorry. Our aim is to give you the best possible answer.