I have tried everything mentioned in this forum and they still do not work.
I have a sheet with the date appearing dd/mm/yyyy, I have tried Format Cells-Date-Type (mm/dd/yy) but it still stays in the format dd/mm/yyyy. I even went to Custom-Type(m/d/yyy) still nothing changes.
1. Select the column in which there was date
2. Goto data and choose text to column
3. choose delimited and click next
4. uncheck all and click next
5. click on date and choose right data format of the date that you currently have. It seems that you have DMY, Chose that and finish