Monitor not displaying/HDD no beeps new hdd??

Closed
PC-Shel2312 - Jul 30, 2010 at 07:22 AM
 PC-Shel2312 - Jul 30, 2010 at 09:49 AM
Hello,
I'm having a VERY annoying problem with my aunts Fujistu Siemens Desktop computer.
Her computer was distroyed by a virus, so i removed it along wit all malware. and prepared it for a HDD (just backed up all files and photos and removed all programs) i then went home to my house for 3 weeks and returned this week preform system restore.

BUT.

When i turn on tower, there is no beep to indicate HDD, and monitor says no signal. I tried plugging tower into the TV as there is a PC setting on it. still no signal, so as its 5 years old i thought it could be a dirt problem so carefully opened tower gently hovered all dust out. Still no change.
I also went to nearest computer shop and purchased a new monitor to tower cable to rule out a fault in the one i have. no change.

What is the problem?

Do i need to buy a new HDD?

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 30, 2010 at 09:19 AM
Hi there,

normally this issue is with the graphic card,remove the graphic card and clean it then seat back in slot also check power connections on board as well as the power supply.

Thanks
ello! thank god i was wait for ages for someone to reply as i want to fix it today, i have HDD out and was checkin for abnormalities, but none so puttin it back in now, wer do i find the graphics card? iv never had to fix that b4 its always been the HDD iv only had to remove and that just slots out lol!!! can u reply quick as im sittin here with the cover off tower

THANKS!
hello! thank god i was wait for ages for someone to reply as i want to fix it today, i have HDD out and was checkin for abnormalities, but none so puttin it back in now, wer do i find the graphics card? iv never had to fix that b4 its always been the HDD iv only had to remove and that just slots out lol!!! can u reply quick as im sittin here with the cover off tower

THANKS!