Not able to cut or copy attachment file [Solved]

Ask a question Ranjith - Latest answer on Sep 22, 2016 04:54PM
Hello,
I am not able to cut or copy any attachment file in outlook 2003.In a new message,i attached a file(pdf,xl,doc etc)
i want to copy that file and paste to other new message.but when I right click that attachment file cut or copy option is disabled.Plss help me out...........Im using HTML format.But in other formats like richtext im able to send.
See more 
Helpful
+25
moins plus
Not sure if the OP will see this but for anyone else who ends up here via Searching...

You should be able to drag and drop items between email messages in Outlook; it may be that a couple of Windows files haven't registered properly and so you can't. To try this fix:

Close Outlook, click 'Start' then click 'Run' and paste the following two lines (one line at a time, hitting ENTER after each one) into the run box.

Regsvr32 /i ole32.dll
Regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

(If you see an 'invalid entry point' message (or similar) after the first don't worry- it should still work!)

Open Outlook and see if you can drag and drop / copy and paste attachments.
Toddfishn- Jul 31, 2013 09:12AM
Worked Great! Thanks a million
shuvo10- Aug 18, 2015 04:27AM
understand password best practices.install smarter password app now. <a href="http://www.theclippingpathindia.com" >Clipping Path Service</a>
Willy- Dec 9, 2015 10:13AM
Regsvr32 /i ole32.Thank
Regsvr32 /i ole32.You!!!
sani- Dec 27, 2015 11:22PM
thank you so much. its properly working.
JonO- Sep 22, 2016 04:54PM
You are DA Bomb! Outlook 2016 was giving me fits about copy/cut and paste. That worked perfect!
Add comment
Helpful
+4
moins plus
Hey that's a great trick and it worked for me as well!
But why did in maifunction in the first place?
Rgds
S
Add comment
Helpful
+1
moins plus
GREAT THANKS :-)
Add comment
Helpful
+1
moins plus
Thanks mate
Really apprecuiate it. Works well
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Here is nothing but a chap idea.
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hi, here is the accurate Answer of this problem.

At first You need to copy the embedded image and Then.....

paste into an image editor like Paint or Photoshop. All Windows users have Paint on their machine (under Programs | Accessories). Open up the image editor to a blank image then paste.
And then You can save in Your Drive.

I hope it will be helpful for you.
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Buy cheap books and textbooks online and get free shipping http://www.storeprime.com
Add comment
Helpful
moins plus
You need to SAVE the attachment, and attach it to the new email. You cannot copy and paste those, as they are merely links to the temp file where it is stored, and sending a link to something that doesn't exist on their computer won't work.

Once more, save the attachment from one email somewhere, and go to the other email, and attach it to it.

Good luck and don't forget to mark this as resolved!
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!