No display on monitor after POST screen

Closed
Programmar - Aug 11, 2010 at 04:31 PM
 Jude - Aug 11, 2010 at 05:50 PM
So basically, i turned off my computer in order to install a new gfx card. Upon installation, i noticed that i turned my computer off during a windows update, so that has corrupted the system file classpnp.sys. I have figured out how to resolve this issue, but i am unable to because whenever i try and boot anything, from Ubuntu to the windows repair tool to the Windows 7 CD i have. It will display BIOS and the POST screen, even the menu when you press F8. I cannot boot in safe mode due to classpnp.sys being corrupt, and whenever i choose start windows normally the OS gets stuck at the "Starting windows" splash. I am quite stumped as to why this is happening, i have tried taking out my gfx card (nVidia 8600GT pci-e) and switching back to onboard graphics. I have also played around with BIOS settings but no avail.

Hopefully you can shed some light on this, thanks, Sam.

1 response

This might seem silly but just double check where your plugging in the cable that goes from your Monitor to the CPU .... Since a graphics card has been installed, the 15 pin plug should be plugged into the 15 pin slot of the Graphics card and not the Old slot you were using before you installed the graphics card.

Like I said ... might seem silly but this happens all the time ......