Ask a question Report

Connected to internet but web pages wont load [Solved/Closed]

Ausie - Latest answer on Jul 19, 2013 07:29AM
Hello,
I use a wireless connection and my laptop says it is connected fine with the maximum signal however on Internet Explorer and Firefox can't load pages. When I press Diagnose Connection it says I am connected fine. Two other laptops in the house are connected to the same wireless connection though and they are working fine so it must be something to do with my laptop. I have Windows 7. I have checked TCP/IP and it says it automatically connects to DNS.
Help please
Read more 
Answer
+22
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd and click on OK. Now enter this

command

ipconfig/all and press Enter.

Make sure that IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers

are having addresses.

2) Internet Explorer :

Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon---->Click on "Properties"---> Click on

"Connections" tab-->Click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all the

options, if you notice any option selected.

Firefox :

In Firefox, Click on Tools-->Options--->Advanced --> Network--->Settings--->

select "No proxy" option and click on OK.

If the problem still exists, try disabling either your antivirus or firewall.

Good Luck.

Answer
+14
moins plus
hello,

go to start>programes>accessories>systemtools>systemrestore

then u wll be directed to restoration window,select "restore my system to earlier time": and select a restore point onany date urcomputer worked fine

finish the process ,then everything wll be fine

Matthew- Feb 5, 2011 08:25PM
This worked for me when all other solutions failed.
Answer
+11
moins plus
In Windows 7 you can reset your IP by clicking on START then open ACCESSORIES then first right click on COMMAND PROMPT and then select in the drop down menu by your pointer arrow "Run As Administrator" else this won't work. Then open COMMAND PROMPT and type this inside exactly as here:

netsh int ip reset c:reset log.txt

You will then need to reset your computer and the job is done.

This document entitled « Connected to internet but web pages wont load » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.