Ask a question Report

Asus laptop will not power on. [Solved/Closed]

Thomas1212 - Latest answer on Feb 13, 2012 06:56AM
Hello,
I was changing the harddrive on my wifes Asus UX50V laptop, after replacing
harddrive laptop will not power on.
- Removed battery and power cord, held down power button for 1 minute. Replaced power cord (without battery) still will not power up.
-Went in and removed CMOS Battery for 30 seconds. Repeated above steps and Laptop powered up. Installed new OS.
-After powering down, Laptop would not restart unless I removed the CMOS battery.
-Reinstalled old Harddrive, but issue remains.
-Using default BIOS configuration at startup.
Any help would be great.
Read more 
Answer
+9
moins plus
I have an ASUS G73.
It falied to boot up after I shut it down in the middleof a Windows update [yeah I know I should have waited but I dont think the airline would have waited for me ;-I ].
Got to turn it on again and a few indicator lights came on but nothing else.
Inserted the backup disc I was instructed to make on purchase & nothing.
Found this site [Thank V.much to the original guy who started this idea] and found the string about switching it off, removing the battery and holding the power button down for at least 45 seconds.
Unfortunately that didnt work for me [might not have tried it enough times].
But out of the corner of my eye, I saw the bit about doing the former + resetting the bios [find the pinhole reset facility - mine is on the base - I managed to reset it with a pin].
That worked!
Came up with the same Windows update screen, completed that and shut down again - Gulp! Will it now restart?
Oh Yes.
Thanks Chaps ;-I
Chuffed as nuts as we say ;-)

M-F- Feb 13, 2012 06:56AM
Just read ur instructions and u saved my day. Thanks a million.
This document entitled « asus laptop will not power on. » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.