Ask a question Report

SATA Drive not detected while installing XP [Solved/Closed]

bahurdeen - Latest answer on Jan 10, 2013 03:39PM
Hello,
As of now i have windows vista OS. if i tried to install windows xp i am getting following error.
Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.
Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer - supplied diagnostic or setup program.
Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3
pls advice what i should do?
Read more 
Answer
+194
moins plus
Check your bios, make sure your sata controller is set to ATA, not AHCI. Otherwise the computer wont see the drive when trying to install XP in some cases.

bobknob- Jul 23, 2010 12:08AM
Thank you sysco, it worked and now I can install XP setup can see the drive. A lifesaver!
Spidyweb05- Jul 25, 2010 07:54AM
Thanks, Problem solved!!! Emac 250, Windows Vista works!
Vinayak- May 10, 2011 10:24AM
Thanks dude you are rocking :)
Amitesh- Jan 2, 2013 02:55AM
Thanks , Problem solved....................
Andrew- Jan 10, 2013 03:39PM
Amazing! Worked like a charm! Thanks very much!
Answer
+95
moins plus
While booting press F10
then a new dos type of window(blue color) will open
select the "SYSTEM CONFIGURATION" command
then "DISABLE" the "SATA NATIVE SUPPORT"
then again press F10 to save your changes
I am sure for the Laptop guys this will surely work

Answer
+10
moins plus
Hello jb.don't worry i had that pb too...
The first time i went to setup BIOS and boot sequenc and disable sata hdd and it work...

The second tim when i got that pb i was oblige to get a software nam nlite it free fo download an go to
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/via-sata.html ad download sata drivers....
UsenLite to create a custom Windows XP installer (note that you need .NET Framework 2.0 available from Microsoft download site before running the nLite). Next, from nLite application, browse to the Windows XP CD installer and follow nlite...
Hoe it will be helpfull
Good Luck

Anshul- Jul 4, 2009 02:17AM
THnx a tonn dear!

I have been strugging a lot with this issue...

once again thnx a lot ....
krypt- Sep 8, 2009 09:13AM
wow.. thanks man.. it just worked on my laptop... :D
shashank- Nov 28, 2009 12:27AM
my hard disk is not showing when i restart
anuj 2Posts Wednesday September 23, 2009Registration date September 24, 2009 Last seen - Sep 24, 2009 04:02AM
Hey

I am facing the same error.
In fact i have windows vista os which crashed down few days back and fortunately i was able to take a backup for my files using ubuntu. But now i was trying to reinstall windows vista which unfortunately didn't happened and when i tried to install windows xp, i got the same message as jb did:
Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer - supplied diagnostic or setup program.

Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3

Plase let me know step by step if possible how to boot my computer as i don't know how to check for SATA hard drive (enabled/disabled)in BIOS as windows vista is not showing any such sort of option. Your assistance will be of great help to me. Thanks.

Anuj
Thush- Mar 13, 2010 01:02AM
Thanks
It works
grate help for me
thanks again.
Answer
+8
moins plus
u need to disable the sata native support in the bios and the install it

Answer
+6
moins plus
the disabling sata factor was so effective.. thanks man!

Answer
+6
moins plus
you will check first bios ide and sata option availabale you select ide your problem is solved

Ladyracer- Jul 7, 2010 10:46AM
Thank you so much this worked for me.. been trying for hours.
Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi man , i had the same problem and to fix it go to BIOS and disable the SATA and it will work properly

Answer
+3
moins plus
LEGENDS!
You guys are awesome. Disabled SATA in the bios. Problem solved!
Louis

Answer
+0
moins plus
Well I can see my Hard Disk in BIOS as well as XP but I cannot access it in MY Computer.
You Can Change Your BIOS setting no1)-hard disk type SATA to Change IDE And Tell me about

Answer
+0
moins plus
Issues with SATA Drives can also arise with older version of WIN XP which had some inherent flaws in communicating with some BIOS features including that of Phoenix BIOS. Try an XP SP2 CD.

Answer
+0
moins plus
HI DEAR ,
PLEASE MENTIONED CLEARLY UR LAPTOP MODEL NO ,COMPANY,AND SERIAL NO

Answer
+0
moins plus
REALLY MAN YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.....AND OFCOURSE GOOGLE .........AS WELL

This document entitled « SATA Drive not detected while installing XP » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.