Help please with missing Start/Tskbr/TskManag

Closed
fgbowen - Apr 30, 2011 at 06:43 PM
 Anonymous User - Apr 30, 2011 at 07:18 PM
Hello,
* Here's my difficulty after fully restoring my older PC eMachine w/ XP sp1.
* I can't get my Task Manager, Taskbar, OR my Start menu. I used the Restore CD - what I end-up with is Wallpaper and the Recycle Bin - that's it. I can't try the "Task Manager" thing (mentioned in some of the Posts above), because as I say, I can't pull that up (Con/Alt/Del).
* I went into Control Panel (through the Recyc Bin), and went to the Start Menu options file - It will not open. If I placed an icon on the desktop, it will not open, and I can't get to properties (if there ARE start-menu properties, I don't know).
* "Desktop" file (found through the RecycBin) says all the normal things - like the usual "My Docs", "Recyc Bin", etc. But the real desktop ONLY has the Recyc Bin.
* I have used my Restore CD once before - 5 years ago or so - everything went fine. If I did anything diff then, I can't remember what I did.
* Everything else seems to have gone fine with the restore - drives in order - drivers updated - other files present (I think). I had added seperate video and sound cards (in the past) - Belkin adapter - but like I said, everything seems fine - I just don't have a Start menu/Taskbar or Task Manager.
* I have also tried the "fix broken sectors" thing through drive properties - both options: 4-Phases, and the "Restart and let PC do it" option.
* Nothing.

?
Do I need to buy a copy of Windows XP? And install it simple-and-plain?

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Apr 30, 2011 at 07:18 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Hold the Ctrl & Shift keys and press the "Esc" key. "Task Manager" will be opened

Click on "File" --> New Task --> Type explorer.exe and press Enter.

If it doesn't work, I suggest you to re-install Windows because you probably have a virus

Regards!