Can't surf microsoft company web

Solved/Closed
Brian - Jun 7, 2011 at 07:39 AM
 Guest - Oct 11, 2011 at 08:17 PM
Hello, my computer no virus and other threats
and i try disable my dns, using tips that delete cookie and temp
but still can't www.microsoft.com
i tried used www.anymouse.com then go to microsoft.com
i can acces it. does that mean i got blocked by microsoft?

Related:

3 responses

subhashdebnath23 Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday January 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2011 3
Jun 7, 2011 at 08:17 AM
Hello Brian,

Its not the microsoft that block you its a virus that blocks you to go to the microsoft website, even you will not be able to go to any antivirus website also as per my knowledge.

Its a SVCHOST that is infected with a Conficker virus thats block you from going to that website.

go to taskmanager and find svchost networke and svchost local and end the process of both the two you will be able to go to the microsoft website after that.

if by mistake you end the one that is required by the operating system and you get the message that window will restart in a few minutes then dont get panic just go to run and type the command

shutdown /a and press enter.

This will stop it from restarting and you again search for the main svchost that have to be ended.

scan your pc with good spyware or malware for example malwarebytes.

or

download the Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) from the link given below.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en

if you still not able to go to microsoft website then download it from here
https://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-Windows-Malicious-Software-Removal-Tool/3000-2239_4-76849.html

If you want to manually do the things then follow the below steps.

1) If the operating system of the infected computer is either Windows Me or Windows XP, turn off System Restore while this fix is being implemented. To turn off System Restore within Windows Me, click Start > Settings > Control Panel. Double-click "System." Select "File System" from the Performance tab. Left click the "Troubleshooting" tab and check the "Disable System Restore" box. Click "OK."

To turn off System Restore within Windows XP, log in as Administrator and click "Start." Right click "My Computer" and select "Properties" from the shortcut menu. Check the "Turn off System Restore" option for each drive on the System Restore tab. Left click "Apply" and "Yes" to confirm when prompted. Click "OK."

2) Restart your computer in Safe Mode and log in as Administrator. Press "F8" after the first beep occurs during start up, before the display of the Microsoft Windows logo. Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode from the selection menu.

3)Access the command prompt. Click Start > Run. Type "cmd." Click OK > CD (change directory) from the command prompt, press the space bar.

Type the name of the full directory path of the folder containing your Windows system files. It will be either "C:\Windows\System" or "C:\Windows\System 32."

4) From the command prompt, type the following to unprotect the files for removal:

"attrib -h -r -s scvhost.exe" and press "Enter;"

"attrib -h -r -s blastclnnn.exe" and press "Enter;"

"attrib -h -r -s autorun.inf" and press "Enter."

5) Delete the files by typing the following from the command prompt:

"del scvhost.exe" and press "Enter;"

"del blastclnnn.exe" and press "Enter;"

"del autorun.ini" and press "Enter."

6) Type "cd\" to return to the main Windows directory.

Unprotect and delete the Autorun.inf file by typing the following from the Windows directory command prompt:

"attrib -h -r -s autorun.inf" and press "Enter;"

"del "autorun.inf" and press "Enter;"

Type "regedit" and press "Enter" to open the Registry Editor.

7) Locate the following entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

Delete the incorrectly spelled Yahoo! Messenger entry with the value

"c:\windows\system32\scvhost.exe."

8) Locate the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.

Within the key, there is a "shell" entry with the value of "explorer.exe, scvhost.exe". Edit the entry to remove the reference to Scvhost.exe, leaving Explorer.exe as the remaining value in the registry entry.

9) Locate the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Services>

Delete the following subkeys from the left panel:

RpcPatch

RpcTftpd

Exit the command prompt and return to the operating system. Type "Exit," and press "Enter."

10) Reboot the PC.

If Scvhost.exe still resides on the computer, repeat these steps or try using an automatic removal program from McAfee or Symantec (see links in References).

Best of luck
Subhash
is there a link for windows 64 bit, it cant' run with 64 bit system..
but i've been scanned all i used kaspersky, trojan remove tool, etc
subhashdebnath23 Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday January 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2011 3
Jun 10, 2011 at 02:45 AM
Hello,
Try this link its for 64 bit operating system.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=9905
It works! Thanks, I've been trying to find the solution for months! Thanks once again.