Center, Rear left, Rear right, and Subwoofer?

Closed
Pwnerator - Jun 4, 2012 at 01:43 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 5, 2012 at 06:54 AM
Hello,

I have a 5.1 surround sound system and on my previous computer (windows xp 32 bit) i would hear sound from all 6 of my speakers, however not (windows 7 64 bit home premium) i can not hear from any of the speakers except the front left and front right. All my speakers are plugged in to the subwoofer and all have power, it has three jacks a green, orange, and black one and they're all plugged in to the corresponding colors on the motherboard, which is a ASROCK P67 PRO3 SE. I have set in windows the options to 5.1 surround sound as the speaker configuration, but on the test it only plays the two front speakers.
Sorry I meant:
I have a 5.1 surround sound system and on my previous computer (windows xp 32 bit) i would hear sound from all 6 of my speakers, however since I got my new computer (windows 7 64 bit home premium) i can not hear from any of the speakers except the front left and front right

Can anyone please help?
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 4, 2012 at 03:31 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on Start --> In search box, mmsys.cpl and press Enter.

"Sound" options will be opened.

In playback tab --> Select "Speakers" --> Click on "Properties" --> "Speaker

Properties" will be opened --> Click on "Enhancements" tab --> Check the

checkbox (Select the option) "Speaker fill" and click on OK.

Good Luck
Dude, no offense, but I said even on TEST I can't hear the speakers. So clearly speaker fill will not do anything, as that is for hearing stereo sound in all 6 speakers. The problem hear is that literally there is no sound coming out of 4 speakers.

(And I already tried speaker fill anyway)
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 5, 2012 at 06:54 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on the below hyperlink "Troubleshoot" and follow all the instructions
Troubleshoot
Good Luck