Internet connectivity issue only w/i software

Closed
rtc1KIoskea Posts 1 Registration date Friday February 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2009 - Feb 7, 2009 at 04:13 PM
 Kloskeartc1 - Feb 8, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion PC, I am able to surf the internet without problem via modem directly or via the router, but when I open any installed software that requires internet access within the software (e.g., Microsoft Word clicking on Help, Quicken 2009 connecting to www. quicken.com), I get an error message that I'm not connected to the interent. Both my security and privacy are set to Medium. I have Symantec Antivirus and have uninstalled the Norton Internet Security after the trial period.

On the Quicken website ( https://web.intuit.com/support/browsertest when I try to verify that my Web browser includes the proper encryption, I get the error message that Internet Explorer can not display the webpage. When I run the Windows connectivity diagnostics, I get the message: "Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists. Cannot communicate with Qtestpage.intuit.com (280.240.240.2) Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response."

Appreciate any suggestions, thx.
Related:

1 response

DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Feb 7, 2009 at 04:34 PM
Check the IP address configurations of your network card, the default gateway should be the IP of the router.
If your router has a DHCP Server service, then you can activate it if you don't know the proper settings of the IP address settings.
Right-Click on Internet Explorer > Properties > Connections > LAN Settings > Check the Automatically detect settings option. Apply changes by clicking on OK.
Thanks,

How do I check the IP address configurations my network card?

The "automatically detect setting" box is already checked in IE7.
Hi, just figured out how to find the IP address. Please see the outcomes of the various suggestions. Thx in advance for your next recommendations.

1) Check the IP address configurations of your network card, the default gateway should be the IP of the router.

IPV4 IP Address is: 192.168.2.4 (obtained automatically; when I try to set it to 192.168.2.1, it tells me there is a systems conflict with another computer with same IP address)

IPV4 Default Gateway/DHCP Server/DNS Server are all: 192.168.2.1

2) If your router has a DHCP Server service, then you can activate it if you don't know the proper settings of the IP address settings. DONE

3) Right-Click on Internet Explorer > Properties > Connections > LAN Settings > Check the Automatically detect settings option. Apply changes by clicking on OK. DONE