Hard disk not detected during startup

Closed
interpreter Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday May 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2013 - May 29, 2013 at 06:32 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I have a 3 year old DELL Optiplex 360 PC.The problem started a month ago,when during startup my boot device coudn't detect any harddisk.firstly I thought the disk has crashed,but the next day it started again automatically.

Now when I satrt the PC,the first boot is always unsuccessful.It hangs after the boot starts and then reports that no harddrive is found.then I have to restart the PC 2 or 3 times,after that the Harddisks can be used to boot.There is no apparent reason why this is happening as I have checked viruses and cleaned files,but no improvement at all.moreover,the PC has become very slow,it takes a lot of time to load every program.

MY PC is 2GB ram,250 GB HDD,2.93 GHz machine.I'll be very grateful if someone can help me solve it.I believe you can help me get out of this,Thanks.
Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 29, 2013 at 07:40 AM
Hi interpreter,

From your description I understand that the Hard Drive is getting detected intermittently and hence the computer is not booting successfully on every power-on/restart. Recommended solution for this situation is to release any "Flea Power" stored in the computer and then check. To release "Flea Power" disconnect the power cord and any peripherals attached to the computer, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release. Connect the power cord, monitor, keyboard and mouse only and check if you can successfully boot to Windows. If the issue still persists, take a technician's help or refer to the Service Manual here and re-seat the Hard Drive.

Note: please go through the "Before Working on Your Computer" section of the manual before you open the chassis.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6