My hard drive is not detected

Closed
Ennahaas Posts 6 Registration date Thursday 9 October 2014 Status Member Last seen 10 October 2014 - 9 Oct 2014 à 15:31
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday 1 September 2014 Status Member Last seen 20 February 2017   - 13 Oct 2014 à 09:29
I have sony vaio vpceh18fa
I tried to repair HDD from a recovery page. It stuck on 45% it says I have problems in some partition and it couldn't fix it. I tried to open my laptop after that. It kept saying there is no operating system. I tried to recover my laptop using the recovery usb. It gave me an error. Error 393. I checked bois . I find under main page of bois. It says hard disk drive : none
So how can I fix that.
Thanks for your help

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
9 Oct 2014 à 15:39
My best guess is that you need to buy a replacement hard drive.

Good luck
Ennahaas Posts 6 Registration date Thursday 9 October 2014 Status Member Last seen 10 October 2014
9 Oct 2014 à 15:51
Is there anyway I can get all my data on that HDD ?
and which brand of HDD should I get as a replacement ???
And is it possible to replace it by myself or do I need a technical to do that?
Ennahaas Posts 6 Registration date Thursday 9 October 2014 Status Member Last seen 10 October 2014
9 Oct 2014 à 15:51
And thanks for your help
xpcman Posts 19528 Registration date Wednesday 8 October 2008 Status Contributor Last seen 15 June 2019 1,824
9 Oct 2014 à 16:03
It might be possible to recover some or all of your data. You can buy a USB hard drive inclosure that converts your existing drive to an external USB drive. Then you might be able to copy the data off the old drive.

Any 2.5 inch laptop drive of 500 GB should work. But, you will need the Windows DVD to reinstall Windows. Perhaps you can order a drive from Sony with Windows pre-installed.

Can you do it yourself? It all depends on your abilities.

Good Luck
Ennahaas Posts 6 Registration date Thursday 9 October 2014 Status Member Last seen 10 October 2014
9 Oct 2014 à 16:11
Is it possible to use a HDD more than 500 GB ??
Ennahaas Posts 6 Registration date Thursday 9 October 2014 Status Member Last seen 10 October 2014
9 Oct 2014 à 19:31
Now it gives me ( status : 0xc0000098 )