"mode not supported"

Closed
bob_123 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday June 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2013 - Jun 5, 2013 at 03:45 PM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 30, 2015 at 08:17 PM
my ps3 doesn't seem to connect to my Samsung tv. i've tried holding the ps3 button down for 5-6 seconds, yet it still continues to display the message "mode not supported" on the tv screen. any solutions please?
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 5, 2013 at 04:09 PM
Good Afternoon, Bob. Are you connecting with an HDMI cable? Please remember that HDMI is not a standard, so every manufacturer does NOT have to adhere to a certain standard, or agreement of standards. Assumming it is an HMDI cable, try another HDMI port. If it is not an HDMI cable, then mkae certain you are using the VGA inputs and not the composite inputs. Use the Red, white, and Yellow cord and connect to the VGA inputs on the tv. This wiring harness came with your PS3.

Does it happen on every tv that you hook it up to?

I hope this helps.
bob_123 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday June 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2013
Jun 5, 2013 at 04:20 PM
thank you for the reply. yes, it is a HDMI cable, and I have tried switching to other HDMI ports, however no luck yet unfortunately...
Blocked Profile
Jun 5, 2013 at 04:26 PM
Bob, highly likely the hdmi IS NOT communicating with the PS3 then. Try the other cable....I know it is not desirable. When I was deploying IPTV, some of the settop boxes would not connect to every Home owners tv with HDMI, would have to go to composite. I had to become an HDMI guy in order to complete 90% of the installs with a satisfactory engagement, and not a single customer was happy! HDMI is not a standard.
bob_123 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday June 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2013
Jun 6, 2013 at 05:55 AM
I'll try that. Thanks for the help mate, I appreciate it
Please my ps3 recognized HDMI but the video is so poor makes the game auckward 2 big n 2 long
Blocked Profile
Apr 30, 2015 at 08:17 PM
So what to do about it? Are you making a statement, or asking a question?
Maybe get a better monitor?