My folders and files are lost

Solved/Closed
KrAkki Posts 5 Registration date Sunday July 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2013 - Jul 21, 2013 at 02:14 AM
 bhell - Sep 14, 2015 at 08:23 PM
Hello,
Day before yesterday I went to an internet cafe and got some files printed by my memory card of my mobile. there my card was scanned by any antivirus and now my images, music, and videos folders are missing however the memory card shows same amount of memory space used. also there are now some unusable files and folders created, an unnamed foder is created and it contains all the folder that have been deleted like images, music etc but these folder doesnt have any file. Also some unusable files have been created named "USBCê{Kà" and these show 1.35 gb space, these files cannot be cut, copied or deleted.

I was going to format my memory cars but I got a hint that files are there as when anyone calls there pictures flash on my mobile but I cannot find those pics on my memory card.

please help me to recover my files...hope to see a reply soon..thanx in advance

4 responses

KrAkki Posts 5 Registration date Sunday July 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2013 7
Jul 21, 2013 at 04:50 AM
Hey I got all the files. I removed my memory card and then inserted it, windows prompt to scan and fix the drive and I did that. it took almost more than half n hour but after that all those unusable file and folders were removed. now I did your alternative method and got my files but the problem now is files are in .CHK format and it's not ossible to convert all of them manually one by one as it's more than 1000 files. Help me out of this..and really thanx..thanx a lot.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 21, 2013 at 09:55 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
First backup those .CHK files in another location.
Click on the below hyperlink "UnCHK" and download the file
UnCHK
Download the above application and perform the UnCHK on your backup folder.
If you need information about the CHK Files, click on the below hyperlink "Information".
Information
Good Luck