Connected to router but no internet access.

Closed
almondsdabes Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2014 - Sep 17, 2014 at 07:17 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 18, 2014 at 07:25 AM
Hi there, first I'd like to say thank you for taking your time to read this,

anyways, I've tried several different things already and I've just decided maybe i need someone to work with me on this. So basically, I don't have any problems with any other routers, i can connect just fine to my universities wifi or my girlfriends but I can't connect to mine. The router is working as far as I can tell because 1. Every other device connects just fine and 2. I'm currently connected to the internet via ethernet cable FROM the router. But the wireless is just not working. I can connect but it says "No internet access." I'm looking for some solution to this because using a cable means I have to be within 10 feet of my router :(

Thank you, if you need more info I can provide it.

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 17, 2014 at 07:52 PM
Is the laptop an old device?

what is the wireless encryption on the wifi?

have you tried taking off the security to see if you're able to connect without problem?

Also, have you turned off/on your router?

how many devices are connected to your router?

what is the DHCP scope on the router? (number of IPs your router gives out).

almondsdabes Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday September 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2014
Sep 17, 2014 at 08:27 PM
Laptops about a year old now, Yes its WPA2-PSK, No but, I'm sure the security isn't the problem and if it was I want it on anyways, I've restarted the router and modem like a million times already, Right now, nothing is connected wirelessly, I have no idea how to find out the last one...
Blocked Profile
Sep 18, 2014 at 07:25 AM
Has your laptop ever worked on this wifi?

can you try turning off wifi, whether you want it on or not. its a test that needs doing.

on your router you will have a LAN setup page. it will tell you the IP range it gives out for DHCP.