My keyboard is combining characters together..? I think?

Closed
Bird_Watcher Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2014 - Oct 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Bird_Watcher Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2014 - Oct 9, 2014 at 12:32 PM
A couple days ago my (Asus) laptop suddenly and sporadically began typing e/ instead of just a regular e. It also see\ms that my space\ bar is combining with mayb\e tab? Whe\ne I type into the address bar it scrolls down to the next suggested option, causing issues, as you can imagine.

This issue also seems to come and go rather quickly and seemingly at random, I really don't se\e\ how I could be\ accide\ntally combining a ke\y stroke\ to trigge\r this off and on, but maybe\? Eve\n while typing this it's gone off and on several times\.

PLE|ASE| he\lp! I r\eally cannot afford a laptop right now.
I'm truly hoping the\re\'s som\e sort of e\asy fix
. I re\ally appre\ciate\ any and all he\lp! This is driving me\ insane\ for writing e\ssays and othe\r school assignme\nts!
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 9, 2014 at 10:25 AM
OK, keyboard problems sometimes can be fixed simply by turning off the laptop, and either cleaning with compressed air from a can, or brushed out with a fine brush. It sounds as though there is physical peice of material under the keyboard.

Let us know.
Bird_Watcher Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I'll try doing that this we\e\ke\nd whe\n I have\ more\ tools avaliable\ to me\ and I'll le\t you know how it goe\s.

Thanks