Black screen with cursor after windows logo!!

Closed
harish - Feb 2, 2015 at 10:59 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Feb 2, 2015 at 07:49 PM
Friends..my Asus laptop,windows 7 os ..showing black screen with cursor only!! It won't take in to main screen to show icons on laptop screen. I tried with CTL+alt+dlt ...shows only 1 explorer. It happens a day before after installation&later on deleted the WinZip!! file and my avg antivirus licence last day to expire to marrow,so I renewed the same. But next morning it was just black screen!!. Even I can run the system in safe mode..help me to resolve
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 2, 2015 at 07:49 PM
Hi harish,

I'm sorry, but I couldnt decide if you said you can run in safe mode or you cant.

If you can do a full scan with AVG. Quarantine all it finds.

If it is still the same after a scan try (back in safe mode) from the Start button type "cmd" (dont put the "" marks in). It should appear at the top of the program menu. Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator". In the black box that appears type "sfc /scannow" (again dont put the "". Also, there is a space between sfc and /scannow). Now press the [Enter} key and wait for the scan to do ts work.

Hopefully this will sort you out. Let me know :o)

I really appreciate kudos points as a payment for solving issues :o)