Loosing wifi connection

Closed
Dude-a-vinci - Apr 27, 2016 at 06:18 AM
 Dude-a-vinci - Apr 28, 2016 at 06:44 AM
Hello,
I recently purchased an Acer Aspire E15 and have been experiencing connectivity issues. Although there are 3 out of 5 bars the connection keeps dropping. After it drops i have to get to the place where there are 5 out of 5 bars (thats like 2 feet away) and reconnect. Then when i go back to the place where there are 3 out of 5 bars, the internet works for some time and looses connection again. Sometimes it works for an hour sometimes 5 min before disconnecting.

I updated the wifi card driver and tinkered with power management settings but to no avail. I do think its the computers fault since all other devices (tv,ps3,phones, the other laptop) seem to have no problem with connecting to wifi. The wifi router is new, so i wouldn't expect the problem there. Have been searching for an answer online, but no one has mentioned this specific problem.

I would very appreciate any advice you could have on this issue.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 27, 2016 at 04:58 PM
It sounds like the router is in N band, and your laptop is B/G. Verify your router is broadcasting in all three ranges b/g/ and N.

I have the ASUS RT-N12 router. I accessed router settings and the wireless mode was set on auto with b/g protection enabled. Set it to legacy mode (from some manual - Legacy allows 802.11b/g/n devices to connect to the wireless router). Will update if fixed or not. Thanks for the tip though, friend.