Chrome extension keeps coming back [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Ezpz 35Posts Wednesday November 25, 2015Registration date August 15, 2016 Last seen - Last answered on Jul 27, 2016 08:08PM
Hello,

Every time I launch google chrome, I noticed that the extension "poohjpljfecljomfhhimjhddddlidhdd" keeps installing which I suspected has caused my internet and chrome to slow dramatically every time I try to search up or do something on chrome. I would have to then use Adwcleaner to remove the extension and my computer would be fine if I don't launch chrome. I've tried to re-install chrome but that still didn't work.
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
1) Uninstall Google chrome:

Start-->control panel--> programs and features--> select "Google chrome" --> Uninstall.

2) Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

a) Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

b) Install the progam and select update.

c) Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.

d) Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.

e) If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.

f) Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.

g) Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.

h) At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.

i) Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

P.S: Tell me one thing, Did you install Hearthstone on your pc?

Moderator/Hardware Technician                                                                                            
Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you.
Ezpz 35Posts Wednesday November 25, 2015Registration date August 15, 2016 Last seen - May 10, 2016 10:01PM
Here's a speedy share of the scan log:
http://speedy.sh/Jb9sS/Scan.txt

And yes, I did install Hearthstone on my pc.
Helpful
+0
moins plus
OK, let's move on.

Fix with Junkware Removal Tool

1) Please download JRT and save the file to your desktop.
2) Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.
3) Right-click on
icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
4) Follow the prompts and let this process run uninterrupted.
5) This scan can take a while, depending on your System specs.
6) Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.
7) Please include the contents of that file in your reply.
8) Do not forget to re-enable your previously switched off protection software!
9) Please also manually reboot your machine after this procedure.

Fix with AdwCleaner

1) Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your desktop.
2) Right-click on
icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg
3) Run as Administrator to start the tool.
4) The program will begin to update the database (if internet connection is operational). Please wait a little bit.
5) Follow the prompts and click Scan.
6) When finished, please click Clean.
7) Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[S*].txt) will open.
8) Please include the contents of that file in your reply.
Ezpz 35Posts Wednesday November 25, 2015Registration date August 15, 2016 Last seen - Jun 4, 2016 01:22AM
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy. Anyways, I've re-downloaded chrome again and scanned with adwcleaner and it seems that I'm still getting the extension. Is this because Hearthstone is still installed? Should I uninstall Hearthstone?
Computertech 3748Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration date ModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Jun 7, 2016 12:37AM
Yes, that belongs to hearthstone, you get that extension until you have hearthstone. If you don't need it please uninstall and check what happens.
Ezpz 35Posts Wednesday November 25, 2015Registration date August 15, 2016 Last seen - Jun 11, 2016 09:55PM
Hi, I've uninstalled hearthstone and tried to launch chrome again. Then, when I scanned with adwcleaner, the extension seemed to still come back.
Computertech 3748Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration date ModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Jun 13, 2016 03:00AM
I suggest you to do this:

https://www.pctechguide.com/virus-removal/removal-google-chrome-extension-unwanted-programs
Ezpz 35Posts Wednesday November 25, 2015Registration date August 15, 2016 Last seen - Jul 27, 2016 08:08PM
Hi, I've finally been able to solve the issue. I found out what the extension was and it turned out to be the extension, "Twitch Giveaways," which I don't know why is was showing as adware, but I got rid of it and the extension stopped coming back. So it turned out Hearthstone wasn't part of the issue. I appreciate your time helping me with this issue. Have a nice day.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?