Accessing my User folder

Closed
makomori Posts 1 Registration date Sunday May 15, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2016 - May 15, 2016 at 07:38 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 15, 2016 at 12:28 PM
hi, my laptop is Compaq Presario CQ42 intel core i3 32-bit. At first , my laptop is in good condition. But I realized my Local Disk(C) is almost full but my (D) has a lot of free memory. I dont want my (C) to full so I cut User folder in (C) because it uses a lot of memory in (C), and paste it into (D). Since then, I have the following problem :
1) Everytime I turn on laptop and the very first start up is "Not able to launch Sticky Notes.Issue with accessing file."
2)Everytime I want to make new folder or rename folder or file, the following pop up error appear : "An expected error is keeping you from renaming the folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x8007000D: The d ata is invalid". That pop up has two button, i)Try again, ii)Cancel. However, by click Try again will create/rename the file/folder .
3)Everytime I push the power button to turn on laptop, the power light will blink but off suddenly, then after few seconds, light will blink and will continuing turn on the laptop. Its like my laptop did two times attempting for starting laptop.
4)Now my (C) has new User folder and at the end, (C) will be full.
5)My time and date settings are not up to date.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 15, 2016 at 12:28 PM
Your laptop has two drives? Or did you partition the one internal drive into two partitions?

I suggest you eliminate the second partition.

Good Luck