Windows 8.1 system - Windows 10 upgrade failed

Solved/Closed
cckrll Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 8, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 8, 2016 - Jul 8, 2016 at 11:51 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 8, 2016 at 03:47 PM
Checked system and qualified for upgrade. When attempted gave error "couldn't update the system reserved partition". Searched on-line for solution. Downloaded a Tool Partition wizard and attempted to follow directions. Success in moving bar and now have 300 in unallocated ... was not able to complete the instructions thru disk management in my computer. Now I don't know what to do. I tried the Windows 10 upgrade again and it failed with same error message. Tech support for the site where I downloaded the tool suggested I delete the 128 MG partition marked OTHER RESERVED. I'm afraid of what that might do. I've got help from this site before on other issues. Thanks for help.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 8, 2016 at 01:22 PM
Here is MS take on things:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086249/we-couldn-t-update-system-reserved-partition-error-installing-windows

You shouldn't need any 3rd party tools to accomplish what you are trying to do!
cckrll Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 8, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 8, 2016
Jul 8, 2016 at 02:16 PM
Thanks for your answer. That is too complicated for me. I'll leave everything just as it is. I'm OK with Windows 8.1. I would like to know how to "undo" what I did with the mini tool partition wizard ... but I think the answer would probably be as complicated as the link you provided.
Blocked Profile
Jul 8, 2016 at 03:47 PM
It could be. Just make certain to uninstall that tool if you are done with it. You shouldn't need it!