Unable to open and Formate

Closed
hemasekhar - Sep 30, 2016 at 01:00 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 30, 2016 at 03:25 AM
Hello,
I am Unable to open and formate my Pendrive that is Sandisk. So how can I open pendrive give me some instructions.
Thanks & regards

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 30, 2016 at 03:25 AM
Hi hemasekhar,

I recommend you to test the pendrive on another PC. Is the situation the same? If so, open Disk Management and check if the drive is correctly recognized with a file format and a drive letter. If no letter is assigned, manually select one by right clicking the drive.
If the drive is not listed in Disk Management, check if it is recognized in Device Manager, under USB devices. If it is, uninstall it, restart the PC and plug the pendrive in.
If the drive is still not recognized and is not working on another PC, unfortunately, it may have been damaged. If you have important files stored on it, use a data recovery tool and try to save the most important data.

https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/file-management/ - some Data Recovery tools

Hope this helps