Can't open any programs windows 7

Ask a question akinkynissan 10Posts Wednesday May 17, 2017Registration date May 18, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on May 18, 2017 at 07:11 PM by akinkynissan
Hello, I recently got a bad virus and can't open any programs.
I've tried using rkill but I can't get any of the versions to run.
I've also tried to start rkill before the virus has a chance to load it's program but I'm not quick enough.
Any help?
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Hi

It may not be a rogue trojan.

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a report.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag :
http://www.nicolascoolman.fr/download/zhpdiag/
(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message, ignore it.) Click on the download button

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista, Win 7 and 8 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5 Click on scan
Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

6. Close ZHPDiag.

7. To transmit the report, click on this link :

http://www.tinyupload.com/index.php

8. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).
9. Copy the url link obtained from tinyupload and paste it here in your reply.
Ambucias
CCM Moderator and Virus/Security Contributor
Was this answer helpful?  
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Unfortunately when I try to run the diagnostic program (I downloaded it off of another computer then moved it to the desktop) it freezes my deskop and doesn't respond for a minute or two then nothing happens

Thanks for the reply! - Akn
Ambucias 45755Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 20, 2017 Last seen - May 18, 2017 at 04:29 PM
You must not transfer from another computer.
akinkynissan 10Posts Wednesday May 17, 2017Registration date May 18, 2017 Last seen - May 18, 2017 at 04:42 PM
I can't get internet explorer nor any other internet programs to run on the infected laptop.
Ambucias 45755Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 20, 2017 Last seen - May 18, 2017 at 04:45 PM
Try to boot in safe mode with networking
akinkynissan 10Posts Wednesday May 17, 2017Registration date May 18, 2017 Last seen - May 18, 2017 at 04:47 PM
When I start the computer and press f8 to bring up the boot options like safe mode nothing happens. It always boots normally.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I suggest you restore your computer to a date prior to the occurrence of the problem.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Would I do this with system restore in the control panel or would I do it another way, the control panel tends to freeze.
akinkynissan 10Posts Wednesday May 17, 2017Registration date May 18, 2017 Last seen - May 18, 2017 at 05:15 PM
When I try to run system restore from command prompt it freezes then does nothing
I also tried to run cmd as an admin and tried to force windows to boot into safe mode by using "bcdedit /set {default} safeboot network"
But it said "the boot configuration data store could not be opened.
Access is denied"
Ambucias 45755Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 20, 2017 Last seen - May 18, 2017 at 05:18 PM
It's not from the control panel.

See this CCM How-to

http://ccm.net/faq/6693-system-restore-on-windows-7
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
When I searched restore from the start menu and clicked system restore it said "C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe
The requested resource is in use"
Ambucias 45755Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 20, 2017 Last seen - May 18, 2017 at 06:35 PM
Reboot and try again
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Same story.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Go to your task manager, see if rstrui.exe is there and end the task.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Task manager starts but immediately becomes unresponsive.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I am stumped!

Looks like you operating system is corrupted and must be repaired.

Since you do not have access to your system restore, in my view:

1. You can use your recovery or Windows disk to repair or

2. reset to factory setting but then all of your data will be lost.

Feel free to google another solution is you wish.

Best regards and good luck
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Thanks for the help.

-akn
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?