ScpToolkit download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Unleash the power of your PlayStation controllers on your PC! With ScpToolkit, seamlessly transform your DualShock 3 and 4 devices into fully compatible gamepads for Windows. Dive into your favorite games with the familiar feel of your trusted controller, effortlessly converted to Xbox-style inputs. It's time to bridge the gap and game on!
What is ScpToolkit?
ScpToolkit is a free Windows Driver and XInput Wrapper for Sony DualShock 3/4 Controllers. Historically, Sony's PlayStation 3 (PS3) controller, the DualShock 3, didn't have official PC driver support. This is where third-party tools like ScpToolkit came in handy for users who wanted to use their PS3 controllers on their PCs.
The development of ScpToolkit has been unmaintained since 2016, but you can use DsHidMini instead. It may have compatibility issues with some games, and you may have stability issues. But overall, it is a good solution.
What are the key features of ScpToolkit?
Controller support: ScpToolkit provides necessary drivers for the DualShock 3 and DualShock 4 on Windows PC, empowering you to use all your gamepads' features in video games and apps (like Steam or Epic Game Store). Moreover, you can even use your gamepads in VR games.
Xbox controller emulation: It is able to convert the inputs from DualShock controllers into XInput commands, making the DualShock controllers appear as Xbox 360 controllers to your system. Since many PC games are optimized for Xbox controllers, this feature ensures broad game compatibility.
- Customization: It allows you to customize various settings, such as button mappings, analog stick sensitivity, and trigger pressure points. You can also create different profiles for different games or preferences.
Bluetooth Connectivity: With this nifty application, those legacy controllers are brought back to life. Gone are the days of struggling with generic drivers. This app equips your PC with a tailored Bluetooth driver suite, making your DS3 and DS4 controllers instantly recognizable and ready for action. Dive back into your favorite games with the controller you love!
- Tray Manager: ScpToolkit has a Tray Manager, a small application that sits in the system tray, providing easy access to common functions and settings.
- Ease of use: It automatically handles the installation of third-party dependencies and provides automatic driver installation for supported controllers, making the process more straightforward.
- Performance: Lightweight and fast are the moto of ScpToolkit, making it quite a reliable and smooth solution.
How to install and use ScpToolkit?
- Microsoft Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 x86 or amd64
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Runtime
- DirectX Runtime
- Xbox 360 Controller driver (already integrated with Windows 8.x or greater)
- At least one supported Sony DualShock 3/4 controller
- Administrator rights during driver setup
- (Optional) A supported Bluetooth 2.0 (or higher) compatible USB dongle with EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- (Optional) For DS4s to be useable, the minimal supported Bluetooth version is 2.1!
After you install it, you'll be greeted with a concise configuration tool that lets you adjust both global and DS3/DS4-specific preferences. This includes customizing options like Bluetooth driver installations, controller driver setups, input polling rates, DS4 light bar brightness settings, control inversions, and much more.
Once you've set everything up correctly, ScpToolkit will actively search for wireless DualShock 3 or DualShock 4 controllers, updating you on its findings through the main dashboard log. When these PlayStation controllers are detected, they are transformed to mimic Xbox controls. This allows Windows OS to instantly recognize and treat them as fully functional gamepads, ensuring you can smoothly tap into all of your controller's features in modern video games.
Is ScpToolkit free?
Yes, it is free to use.
Is ScpToolkit safe?
Despite the fact that there is a Steam post claiming it contains malware, we provide you with a safe version of ScpToolkit. It is considered safe by many in the gaming community. It's been used by a large number of people to connect their PS3 and PS4 controllers to PCs.