Google Play Games is now accessible to let you run your favorite mobile games on Windows. The service is still in beta but has started to offer exciting features to let you take advantage of your PC capabilities to run your favorite games. So don't wait any longer and try this brand-new experience.
What is Google Play Games?
Google Play Games is a multi-platform gaming experience developed by Google. It has been designed to let you play your favorite Android games available on Google Play directly on your PCs, Chromebooks, and mobile devices. Google Play Games has been growing since 2013 and gradually unveils more possibilities and features, so it will surely become a more prominent actor in the following years.
Note that it is not available worldwide, and regions will be progressively added over time. As of 11/04/22, Google Play Games for PC is now accessible in open beta in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore.
What are the key features of Google Play Games?
- Get to the next screen: You can experience bolder and bigger versions of mobile games directly on your PC and bring your gaming experience to the next level. Google advertises to ensure every game available is optimized for PC.
- Security: As part of Google's policy to ensure you access a very secure service, every game is checked.
- Improved controls: You can seamlessly boost your performance and gain agility using your mouse and keyboard.
- Earn rewards: You will earn points on everything you buy with Google Play Games, including subscriptions and in-app items. You can also collect and redeem game points on your computer.
- Seamless synchronization: As you sign in to your Google account, your progress will be saved and synced across all your devices. That's pretty useful, as you can switch to another device whenever you want and pick up where you left off.
How to use Google Play Games?
Once installed and launched, log in to your Google account. Choose among the supported games in the catalog and start to play. Even though it does not support many games, Google will keep adding more titles as the development goes on.
Is it free?
Yes, it is free to use.
How is it different from the Google Play Games mobile app?
The Google Play Games mobile app mainly focuses on instant games experience, which can offer you direct access to mainstream games. Google will be making more announcements for the mobile app soon. From now on, Google Play Games will refer to your experience with your favorite Android games on PC.
What are the system requirements for Google Play Games?
- Operating system: Windows 10 (v2004).
- Processor: 4 CPU physical cores.
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM.
- Graphics: IntelⓇ UHD Graphics 630 GPU or comparable.
- Storage: Solid state drive (SSD) with 10 GB of available storage space.
- Other: Hardware virtualization must be turned on, and you must have administrator privileges.