My Lenovo Thinkpad E555 won't boot up but the fan comes on.

Closed
Hacdahorbi Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 1, 2017 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2017 - Updated on Sep 1, 2017 at 09:43 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 1, 2017 at 11:10 AM
Hello,
I was on My Lenovo Thinkpad E555 (had it for 2 years) when the screen went black. I turned it off and went to turn it back on. My fan came on as it usualy would when booting up however stopped. It keeps switching on with the fan going fast and then stops, beeps (as it does when you turn it off) and then turn on again.
My screen stays off whilst my fan comes on and off.
It won't turn off completely. Holiding the power button turns it off but it comes straingt back on.
Pulling out the power cable switches it off but when you plug it back in, the fan comes back on and doesn't boot up properly.

I have been looking everywherr for a solution but I can't find anything.

-I've tried talking the battery out
-Unplugging everything and waitinng for it to run out of battery
-Holding the power button

Can someone please help me?

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 1, 2017 at 11:10 AM
I'm afraid you have a motherboard/hardware error that is preventing the BIOS from booting your laptop. I suggest you have a factory service rep diagnose the problem.

Good Luck