So I stupidly downloaded malware but i got rid of it. I did the following things
1. Run unhide.exe
2. System restore to a few days ago
3. Run cmd attrib -h -r -s /s /d c:\*.*
4. run malwarebytes (with scan for rootkits enabled) and got rid of all shit
Now the problem is shortcuts don't work and my Microsoft Office programs like OneNote, Word, Excel don't work either. other stuff seems to be working but I have to set a default application each time I open something like a pdf using adobe acrobat
Is this because my office is pirated? When i try to word or onenote i get a mesage like https://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=25d0cea8-79d0-4d02-80a1-4e40a759e996
it says "Something went wrong - We couldn't start your program "
What are my options? I had a lot of important notes in myonenote and I don't wanna lose it
To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a report.
1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag :
https://www.nicolascoolman.com/fr/download/zhpdiag/ (Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message, ignore it.) Click on the download button
2. Save the file on your Desktop.
3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.
(For Vista, Win 7 and 8 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)
4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.
5 Click on scan
Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)