Lost two folders data in my external hard drive

RAJ - Sep 17, 2017 at 05:33 PM - Latest reply: Anderson5 3 Posts Friday September 22, 2017Registration date October 6, 2017 Last seen
- Oct 6, 2017 at 10:51 PM
Hello,

in my external hard drive, at first i found 2 of my folders are not accessible. so i did a scan & repair ( properties->tools->check->). it took a while ( i thought something is happening ) but i found those two folders got created with empty data... i tried a lot to get back my data but looks like i lost them...
Please help me recovering my important data.

Raj...

See more 

Your reply

4 replies

Ambucias 52526 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus June 18, 2018 Last seen - Sep 17, 2017 at 05:37 PM
Thank you
In my opinion the two folders contained corrupted data so they were emptied when you scanned and repaired.

Recovery is impossible.
Respond to Ambucias
nathanwirth 198 Posts Thursday May 22, 2014Registration date June 18, 2018 Last seen - Sep 18, 2017 at 04:24 AM
Thank you
To Get your data back on those empty folders I suggest you to use the restore from previous version tool. Do right click on the empty folder and click on restore from the previous version option. I believe you will easily get your files back. If this does not work for you then you can download a Stellar Phoenix Windows data recovery - Home software for recovering your lost data.
Respond to nathanwirth
Thank you
Thanks a lot for replying....
I tried that "restore from the previous version option" but it said there was not any previous version stored... so i have only the next option of getting the Stellar s/w... I will try and see...
will update you once done.

Thanks,
Raj...
Respond to raj
Anderson5 3 Posts Friday September 22, 2017Registration date October 6, 2017 Last seen - Updated by Anderson5 on 6/10/17 at 10:57 PM
Thank you
What types of files are in the lost two folders? If there are documents, videos, pictures and other files, you need to choose a comprehensive SoftHow data recovery tool; if they contain only multimedia files, such as pictures, video and audio files, you only need a professional SoftHow photo recovery tool. Note: professional picture recovery tool scans faster than comprehensive data recovery tool! good luck!
Respond to Anderson5