Unable to find help accessing yahoo email account

Closed
darkwintercat Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 12, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2017 - Nov 12, 2017 at 07:24 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 15, 2017 at 05:57 AM
I am having an ongoing problem signing in with yahoo email. I had no problem with this account for years. Now, every few weeks, I find myself locked out, unable to use the current password or reset to a new one. Up until this episode, I've been able to find a way in eventually, but this time I am completely stymied. The recommended steps for password reset lead to a dead end --- either nothing happens or the screen shows an error code that says to try again later, but 'later' it's just the same thing. I have several subscriptions that come to that email address, and receive important notifications there.

This is the response I recently received to the above inquiry ---

"Yahoo mail has no phone support. What do you expect from a free service?"

My answer to that is that I expect to be able to access my account. This seems like a reasonable expectation. :)

I was also advised to thank those seeking to help me. I'd be glad to, if I could make contact with those people somehow... :P

11 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Nov 13, 2017 at 05:53 AM
Hi Janice,

We are CCM, not Yahoo mail.

Please, bare in mind that CCM is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

First, delete all of your temporary files and cookies. (clean your cache)

Then try to login your account and tell me what happens including any error message from Yahoo.
darkwintercat
Nov 13, 2017 at 12:03 PM
deleted cache and cookies. lost access to recovery email for yahoo email, but recovered it through google. attempted to access yahoo email, via 'forgot password' ended up at att product site, not email. attempted to use 'forgot password' again, received an error message to 'try again later.'

totally baffled!
darkwintercat
Nov 13, 2017 at 12:16 PM
still trying... able to enter att product site consistently. how can I get from there to yahoo email?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Nov 13, 2017 at 04:29 PM

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
darkwintercat
Nov 13, 2017 at 06:13 PM
Using the instructions, I was sent to yahoo email address ***@***, and was able to get in, but the address I've been trying to access was originally ***@***. Is this the same? I don't see the folders and subscriptions that should be in my original account (the bellsouth one). Still baffled! Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks for your patience with this!
darkwintercat
Nov 13, 2017 at 06:20 PM
I see that the details of the two accounts were hidden in the previous message. My original account ended in bellsouth.net, and the one that I was routed to ends in yahoo.com. The bellsouth address and password works for the ATT product site, so I guess the email address still exists somewhere, and I really wish I could access it.

Thanks!
Nov 13, 2017 at 06:26 PM
Hi again,

This is a sticky wicket.

When you first created the account, you were with Bellsouth but you keep getting redirected to ATT. Yet Yahoo was purchased by Verizon.

I assume you are now with ATT, are you?

I must sign off now, I have an emergency.

Get back to me, we will try further tomorrow.

Regards
darkwintercat
Nov 14, 2017 at 07:01 AM
Yes, that account was created many years ago. We no longer have any services from ATT. I'm thinking the account may have become hopelessly 'outdated' in some way. :P
Nov 14, 2017 at 03:58 PM
After 9 months of inactivity accounts are deleted from the server
darkwintercat
Nov 14, 2017 at 06:37 PM
Hi!

If yahoo or att deleted the account ending in bellsouth.net, they didn't do so because it hadn't been used in nine months. It was used daily up until I was unable to access it ten days ago.

I received newletters and other subscriptions there. I had folders of saved materials, and used this address as a recovery address for another account.

When I joked that it might have somehow become 'outdated,' I was referring to the fact we no longer use att for phone or internet service.

What I don't understand is why an account that had been working perfectly for years suddenly became unusable, especially since the original ID/password combination for the email account still works for the att product site.

I'd still like to recover the account, but if that's really impossible, let me know.

Anyway, thanks for your help! :)
Nov 15, 2017 at 05:57 AM
Here are all the ways possible on how to recover a Yahoo mail account:

https://ccm.net/faq/36332-how-to-recover-your-yahoo-mail-account