How do I remove a recovery e-mail from Yahoo Mail?

MilesBurger - Oct 15, 2021 at 04:42 AM
Naimaniazi
Registration date
Sunday March 6, 2022
Status
Last seen
March 13, 2022
- Mar 12, 2022 at 08:37 AM
Hi, I want to remove a recovery e-mail from my Yahoo mail account because it goes to an old work address. All the online guidance suggests that this should be straightforward - e.g., go to Yahoo Account Security page, click the Edit icon next to the recovery option you want to delete, click Remove from my account, etc. The problem is ... there is no Edit icon next to the e-mail address I want to delete!

What do I need to do to get rid of this old recovery e-mail address? Help!

6 replies

I also have the same problem. In my case, only "Edit" button is shown.

I can't believe how terrible Yahoo Mail has become. But with some guess work I'm able to delete it.

Let's say you have two emails: recover1 and recover2

Let's say you want to delete recover2

Right click on "Edit" button and click "Copy Link"

Paste it on text editor. It will look like this:

https://login.yahoo.com/account/comm-channel/refresh?src=ym&activity=ybar-acctinfo&pspid=.. (Removed for privacy and brevity)

Replace "refresh" part with "review/emails" so it looks like this

https://login.yahoo.com/account/comm-channel/review/emails?src=ym&activity=ybar-acctinfo&pspid=.. (Removed for privacy and brevity)

Paste the modified address to your browser and visit it

If the page shows recover1, click "Yes" and it will show recover2

If the page shows recover2, click "No" and follow the next step to delete the account

I hope this helps.
Thank you very much for your help : ))
DrMurthyRemilla
Dec 6, 2021 at 05:08 AM
sorry. id didn't work. After clicking YES, it returned to the account security page
Hi! I'm having PLENTY of problems with Yahoo as well with this only being one of them. After one of my Yahoo accounts was hacked and Yahoo support extremely rudely basically saying that they support hackers by denying ANY help to us actual owners who went to them for help, I'm trying to at least make it harder for these hackers to get into my other account yet none of the things I'm trying seem to work at all! I have no clue why Yahoo has become known as a "major email provider" at all when they don't even manage to get to the same quality of burner email services! For this one, for me, the icon shows and I tried that replacement of URL and none of them see to work. I click the options, it acts as if it worked but the email is still there and linked to my account! I tried editting it into an email I want but again nothing changed. It's like it's now permanently carved into my email! Not going to lie but I'm actually absolutely furious at Yahoo and its team right now and during the past month when I had to deal with Yahoo I've had terrible headaches due to the extreme anger and stress they caused me and if I had the financial means to it, I'd sue them instantly in fact for their failure to provile what they claim on their website. Meanwhile, I moved to other email providers and am still struggling to make that one account that's left for me on Yahoo more secure. I highly recommend anyone who has a Yahoo account not to rely on Yahoo's services at all. I have had 4 Yahoo accounts hacked and taken from me with all my info in them in the past 5 years with Yahoo team being absolutely rude and useless with all of them! That's the complete opposite of reliable. If anyone has a solution to this problem said here, I'll be thankful too.
Same problem here and following this stream in the hope to find a solution !!
Thanks
What you have to do first is to add a new recovery account and verify that new account. only after that would you be given the option to delete the old email.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Willjoe
Registration date
Monday February 28, 2022
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2022

Feb 28, 2022 at 01:17 AM
From a web browser:

- Sign in to the Yahoo Account Security page.
- Click Edit next to the verification option you want to delete.
- Click the Edit icon. next to the recovery option you want to delete.
- Click Remove from my account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm the deletion.

Regards,
Willjoe
There is no EDIT icon next to the email address I want to delete. The icon DOES exist on my other recovery options, but all those are still viable. Only the email address that no longer exists is inaccessible for edit.
Naimaniazi
Registration date
Sunday March 6, 2022
Status
Last seen
March 13, 2022

Updated on Mar 12, 2022 at 08:38 AM
To remove the recovery email account on yahoo mail account.

1. Login to your Yahoo Mail account and go to Account information clicking on your profile.
2. Next, click on the Account Security tab from the left sidebar.
3. Click on the Email addresses tab from the Account Security page.
4. Next, a dialogue box containing information about all your recovery email address will pop-up.
5. Click on the bin icon beside the email address you want to remove.
6. Done, you have successfully removed the recovery email account on yahoo mail.

Hope this will help you!