Change of email, not receiving confirmation email

Closed
mcohen Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday 27 December 2017 Status Member Last seen 27 December 2017 - 27 Dec 2017 à 04:54
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 - 27 Dec 2017 à 05:59
Hi,

I recently reset my FACEBOOK password after forgetting it. I used my trusted contacts to reset the password as I didnt recall the login details for my email account associated with FB. After finally changing my password and entering a new email address every time I try log into facebook it asks me to confirm my identity and that an email has been sent.

The only problem is that after about 20+ attempts, the email never arrives!!! Unfortunately facebook dont have any support and now I am locked out of my account.

Please can someone help me!!!!

Thanks,
Matthew
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166
27 Dec 2017 à 05:10
Hello,

Hi Matthew, you are correct about Facebook's support, it's all automated.

I suggest that the email is being sent to your old email address. If you still have access to it, it should be there; if you don't have access to it, I can't see what you can do to recover your account. Unfortunately, Facebook will not allow you to create a second account. Crazy isn't it!
mcohen Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday 27 December 2017 Status Member Last seen 27 December 2017
27 Dec 2017 à 05:21
So I wont even be able to create a new Facebook account if I cant access the old one??
I dont have access to the old email address so I cant see the emails going to that account.
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166 > mcohen Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday 27 December 2017 Status Member Last seen 27 December 2017
27 Dec 2017 à 05:23
Is your page online now for everyone to see? Like, would I be able to see it if I wanted to?
mcohen Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday 27 December 2017 Status Member Last seen 27 December 2017
27 Dec 2017 à 05:27
Yes, the page is still online.. the domain is facebook.com/matt.cohen18
I am desperate to access the account
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166 > mcohen Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday 27 December 2017 Status Member Last seen 27 December 2017
27 Dec 2017 à 05:40
https://www.facebook.com/login/?next=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmatt.cohen18

Is not available or may have been deleted, can you confirm?
mcohen Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday 27 December 2017 Status Member Last seen 27 December 2017
27 Dec 2017 à 05:52
Indeed that link does work. Ive checked through friends of mine and they are still able to view my profile.
If you search for Matthew Cohen though you might still be able to find my account.

Im not sure what I can do at this point. I wish there was a contact number for Facebook