Unable to access internet explorere

Closed
kiheigirl - Jun 14, 2008 at 01:34 AM
GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 - Dec 2, 2008 at 03:23 AM
Hello,

I have a wireless Dell laptop. I do not have a wireless router. I'm able to connect with linksys(unsecured connection) however I am unable to access internet explorere.
Related:

2 responses

ferrigodmother Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday June 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2008 2
Jun 14, 2008 at 07:46 PM
Hello kiheigirl,

I'm guessing here but I think that Windows Firewall or whatever security program you are using is prventing you from accessing the internet via internet explorer because the linksys router you are using is an unsecured connection. Any security program (including windows firewall) would be protecting your laptop which is open to everyone on an unsecured connection/network. AOL has its own built in security system so that's why you can get online via AOL.

I have recently purchased a new laptop which has Windows Vista Home Premium. I had a problem finding a compatible router so did extensive research and eventually narrowed my search for routers down to 3.

Please post another message if I can be of any more help to you.
I have this same issure. A linksys router and I cannot access the internet through IE. Is there any way to fix this? Do I need to password protect my router...would that help. Or will disabeling my firewall help? How do I fix this, I dont want to use aol.
Thank you,
Meg
I have a similar situation. I am trying to access a linksys router, it is my landlords. I can connect to it but can only access it locally; it will not let me onto the internet. He has aol internet service that goes in to the router. He also has Windows XP while I have vista. Do you think their Aol service has a firewall that is blocking me, is it the XP/Vista thing or something else?

Thank you,

BK
Yes you'll get local only
because your landlord have registered the mac address (hardware address ) to his wireless router except his computer
no one can able to access the internet !!
you can able to connect when the authentication comes which match with mac table it wont find your laptop in his list so you cannot able to access the internet !!
remember each mac address is unique for each computer.
GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 45
Dec 2, 2008 at 03:23 AM
make sure you use the same network key and encryption that uses router/XP