Deleting at syncing

Closed
Grum - Apr 22, 2018 at 05:10 PM
 Grum - Apr 23, 2018 at 07:58 AM
I quite recently had to put a new hard drive in my computer. I downloaded iTunes again but my problem is this. I have a lot more music in my iPod than in iTunes. I would simply sync the two but I'm concerned that a fair amount of none Apple Music in my iPod will be lost. Any help or thoughts would be very much appreciated.
Graham

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Apr 22, 2018 at 05:38 PM
Hi

Is your computer a Mac ?
No. Just a bog standard Dell. Thanks for the reply. Graham
alexwaits Posts 13 Registration date Friday April 6, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2018 1
Apr 23, 2018 at 07:33 AM
If you are worried about losing something, you can always create a backup, then sync the data, and if anything is lost - which I don't think would happen - you would be able to recover it.
Hi Alex ( I hope I've got that right!! )
Thank you for the suggestion. My problem with that, as I see it, is that I would have to sync to get the music from the iPod onto the computer and therefore, back to square one. I might be thinking along the wrong lines here. Please let me know if you agree or if you have any alternative suggestions. Thanks once more for your time and help.
Best Regards,
Graham