Can't connect controller to SafeModePS4->Bluetooth

Solved/Closed
Plogigator Posts 2 Registration date Thursday May 24, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 24, 2018 - May 24, 2018 at 11:10 AM
 Blocked Profile - May 24, 2018 at 04:42 PM
I ran out of room in the title but my PS4 is presently having issues with the whole, "Too many USB devices connected," issue. I've tried simply cleaning out the ports and that didn't work. I then used the directions in the link on this page, https://ccm.net/faq/52967-fix-ps4-s-too-many-usb-devices-connected-error , and my controller would not connect via Bluetooth. I then checked other sites to see if my controller is detected as a Bluetooth device and it indeed is. So what in the name of holy farts do I do now??? If I cannot connect my controller to the PS4 in safe mode to select the Rebuild Database option, how do I go about doing so?
Related:

2 responses

If the controller is not charged, you can use any USB charging device to charge it. I had no issue connecting bluetooth controller. If I had, I would not have written the instruction set!

By the way, the way this happens, is, someone has been plugging the USB in upside down, and may have ruined the USB port.

I fully charged it and it didn't go.
Bear in mind I was using the controller moments before and it didn't work.
Doesn't really matter now though. I need to edit the post.
Blocked Profile
May 24, 2018 at 04:38 PM
Moments before what?
Plogigator Posts 2 Registration date Thursday May 24, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 24, 2018
May 24, 2018 at 04:40 PM
I spoke with Playstation Live Chat and was suggested to run a Full Initialize. I asked what I should do if the problem persisted and was ensured it would fix the problem.
It did not.
Those with this problem, after running through the litany of FAQs, might have to face the reality of either paying the $99 service fee or just buying a new console. I'm buying a new console. This console also freaked out at the 5.03 patch and had to run a Full Initialize back then, too. Decided I was done with it.
Blocked Profile
May 24, 2018 at 04:42 PM
YOu are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for the feedback.

Once again, always insert the USB in the correct orientation!