Having problems with sound on Windows 10

Solved/Closed
JezArtus - Updated on Jul 24, 2018 at 01:59 PM
JezArtus Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 22, 2018 Status Member Last seen July 23, 2018 - Jul 23, 2018 at 01:28 AM
Hi! I hope someone can help me, I'm really stressed by now. So I have a problem that a lot of people had already but their solutions dont work for me. When I connect my headphones to the jack the sound keeps coming from the speakers. I've tried everything that i've seen in the internet: going to the sound window, updating drivers, downloading drivers from the laptops manufacturer, everything. Something that is weird is that if i turn on my laptop with the headphones plugged in the sound comes from them and now if I disconnect them the sound switches to the speakers after a while (not instantly as it should be) but after that if i connect the headphones again it doesnt switch.
At this point i just gave up but im hoping if some of you guys can help me. Thank you :)
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 22, 2018 at 09:46 PM
Perhaps the headphone jack is your problem. You don't state the age of the laptop. Over time the jack will deteriorate as the contacts and spring in the metal parts lessen.
JezArtus Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 22, 2018 Status Member Last seen July 23, 2018
Jul 23, 2018 at 01:28 AM
I've had this pc for 7 months haha. And somehow my problem is solved. I dont know what I did but it works fine now. Anyway, thanks for your help :)