Have internet connection but can’t access anything

Solved/Closed
mcdjames - Sep 13, 2018 at 05:32 PM
 mcdjames - Sep 16, 2018 at 11:26 PM
This is a VERY weird issue and lll PayPal anybody $10 that solves.

So, a couple days ago I was playing games on my computer and force-shut down my PC since I couldn’t get the game to close. The following day I open my computer and open Chrome and the only websites I can access are YouTube, Google Search Pages, some Google websites, and that’s it. Should also be noted that when I use YouTube the videos won’t play, just load the whole time meanwhile everything else on the page loads.

After this, I tried opening Discord and other applications such as Skype to see if they would work but they also couldn’t “access” the internet.

I have tried countless of ways to fix this but can’t find a solution. Any help?
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 13, 2018 at 05:34 PM
OK, so get a CMD prompt, and type ipconfig /flushdns. Try it again. If no go, then type ipconfig /all and post back what is displayed so we can review the configs and determine if the network is mangled.

Post back!
Nope. Seem to still be having the same issue. I’ll ssnd you the ipconfig /all in a couple minutes, I might have to type it by hand since I’m on my phone and can’t copy and paste.
Here. Is this okay? I can type it if you’d rather it’s just a lot more than I thought.

https://imgur.com/a/49k3WvI
I just realized... the only one you need to look at is the top one “Ethernet Adapter Ethernet”. It’s the one with actual WiFi that I use idk why I have the other two.
Blocked Profile
Sep 14, 2018 at 04:58 PM
In your network adaptor, change the DNS address to your router, and the second address to 4.2.2.2.
mcdjames > Blocked Profile
Sep 14, 2018 at 10:56 PM
Hello,

Still nothin :/. It’s so weird because as I’ve mentioned before using Google Chrome I can still search the web using the Google Search Pages just fine, but can’t go on into any websites and programs on my computer that need WiFi can’t access it!

Here’s a photo to make sure I did what you asked correctly. https://imgur.com/gallery/HTw3FIi

By the way, I do really appreciate you helping. My whole job is video editing and I’m trying to get back up on my feet and I need a computer and I’m not super financially great right now so am not sure if I can pay a lot to have it fixed. If you can still help I would really, really appreciate it.

-James
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 15, 2018 at 05:17 AM
Try this one

Go to command prompt
In the Black Command Box Type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Hit Enter Key

Restart the computer and try to log in and browse the Internet.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.
In command prompt

In Black Command Box Type: netsh winsock reset

Hit Enter Key

Restart
I cannot thank you enough... it worked!!!! Literally probably tried 100+ things and reset so many things but your response worked!

Tell me, what did that comment (netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt) do? What was the problem this whole time it’s such a weird issue. Just curious ;).

Thank you again!!!