Sims 3 crashing

Solved/Closed
tbad5 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 - Updated on Nov 28, 2018 at 12:36 PM
 karolynn - Nov 27, 2017 at 11:28 AM
Hello,
I recently purchased the Sims 3 game for my Dell PC and I have been having problems with the game crashing. I could play the game for about 10 minutes, then the monitor would turn black, yet me CPU would still be running, and the only way I could restart my computer was by unplugging the whole system and turning it back on. I have heard people have had problems with their video card on their computer being disabled... any additional ideas?
Thanks
System Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 8.0
Related:

4 responses

I found the solution!!!!! I tried almost everything there was out there from updating my drivers, getting rid of all my downloaded content, unintstalling the game and re installing it... but then I found this out. All you have to do is disable Data Excecution Prevention (DEP) for The Sims 3.

FOR WINDOWS:
  • Go To Start - Settings - Control panel and select System.
  • Click on the Advanced tab and in the preformance section click Settings.
  • Click the tab for Data execution prevention and click the option to [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select]
  • go to browse then find where your game was installed and add TS3.EXE to the list. (The program may just be called TS3)
  • Make sure it is an EXE extention (right click, go to properties and it will tell you)
  • Try to add all versions that you have ( TS3, WA, HELS and Ambitions).
  • MAKE SURE YOU APPLY THE CHANGES AND REBOOT YOUR SYSTEM.

TADA :D
Tried to add The SIms 3 shortcut to the DEP and it yelled at me. Going into the bin and adding TS3.exe Worked for me! thanks.
How do I do this , I click on sims 3 and es-MX and fr-FR , what do I do ?