Can't access account

Solved/Closed
Bradley - Feb 6, 2019 at 01:48 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 6, 2019 at 03:11 PM
Hello,

I had turned on account key thinking it was a back-up for if you forgot you password, shortly after my phone service provider canceled my service and I lost access to the phone number. I thought I had setup a backup email but apparently not. Is there anyway to sign in to my account or am I boned? I know the password, just cant use account key.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 71.0.3578.98

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 6, 2019 at 01:52 PM
Nope, its gone. 2 step verify since the great hack of 17!
Damn that's very unfortunate. Might be a topic for another time but is there a way to switch which email stuff like twitter and facebook are connected to or will I need to make new accounts for everything?
Blocked Profile
Feb 6, 2019 at 02:18 PM
Yea thats a tough one, because if those are pointing to yahoo, you run risk of challenge being sent to that provider. Make certain you do change any accounts that are pointing tobyahoo as soon as possible.
Alright changed it for everything important that I can think of except steam which is being difficult, thanks for the help
Blocked Profile
Feb 6, 2019 at 03:11 PM
You are very welcome, and came to the right place. Take time to administer the accounts correctly. Everything is tied together now, so it pays off to take time to think about it all before any major changes are made!

Glad you handled it!!