How to know if samsung note 5 is vulnerable to other's having Remote Access

Closed
A.Faye - Jul 3, 2019 at 01:55 PM
 A.Faye - Jul 5, 2019 at 12:10 AM
Hello,

I am not tech saavy and concerned about spyware being on my phone, and not being aware.

I am also wondering whether, (under the umbrella of spyware), others can establish Remote Access to my phone? (ability to violate my privacy: emails, texts, pull off "Man-in the-Middle attacks, change settings to phone FUNCTIONS, i.e. my camera: creating a one-way "web cam", finding your location, etc, etc).

Thanks so much for any guidance you/CCM can give; including any knowledge from the CCM Community.

A.faye

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 75.0.3770.101
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 3, 2019 at 02:03 PM
Yes it is all possible. That is why you employ locks on screens. Physical security has to be comprimised before electronic security can be. Keep in control over your device at all times, and do not give out passwords if you are concerned.
Hi, thanks so much for your reply. I have my device (note 5) always with me. I am really disturbed by the possibility of "remote access spyware". Specifically, these applications I read about giving access to anyone interested (like toxic, abusively controlling, family members who then discard the relationship & existence to family). Regardless, these disturbed types of family members would love to remain feeling "in control", by, for example, using spyware that gives REMOTE ACCESS to their target's device, violate privacy, sabotage device functioning and data, if possible, etc.

So I am wondering if there is a way to know if this is happening- i.e. looking on device for hidden files on phone, etc. I know this sounds paranoid. But unfortunately if remote access exists, it is a legit concern for me.

Sorry if I wrote too much
Info about this.

So, if remote access spyware exists - is there a way to find evidence of anything related, hidden on my phone?

Sincerely thanking, all, in advance, for your guidance and support.

A. Faye
Blocked Profile
Jul 4, 2019 at 11:40 AM
Th eonly absolute wasy, is to FACTORY RESET THE PHONE. Take the phone to your carrier, and ask them to reset your phone. It will delete EVERYTING, inclidung email accounts and all apps and accounts. Be certain you know all of these settings prior to resetting it.

Do not install any apps that do not come from the store. Do not download apps that your family insist that you use.
Thanks so much for your help. It is appreciated more than I can express. A. Faye