Driver Verifier Preventing PC From Booting Past Log-In screen

Closed
Joshua - Updated on Nov 11, 2019 at 04:21 PM
geekalaa_1256 Posts 50 Registration date Saturday October 26, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2020 - Nov 15, 2019 at 06:24 PM
My HP desktop occasionally crashes about a couple of minutes after I open Chrome. This started about a month ago. The BSOD error code is different each time but the last time it said "kernel mode heap corruption." I can't remember the other error codes. The other times it crashed, I made sure my GPU driver was up to date and I ran memory diagnostic. It never found any issues. During this most recent incident, I tried something different. I used Driver Verifier. I used the standard settings and automatically selected all drivers installed. I rebooted the PC and it booted up to the log in screen. As soon as I logged in, the PC rebooted again. This boot loop happens each time and every time I type my password to log on it just reboots again. I turned the PC on and off with the power button 3 times to reach the advanced repair options. I went to start-up settings and disabled driver signature enforcement. It didn't resolve the issue. I went back to advanced repair and opened command prompt. I typed "verifier /reset" and it told me "no settings were changed." I typed "verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail" and restarted the PC. That didn't help either. Is there something else I can do to disable Driver Verifier?
Related:

1 response

geekalaa_1256 Posts 50 Registration date Saturday October 26, 2019 Status Member Last seen March 29, 2020
Nov 15, 2019 at 06:24 PM
To disable Driver Verifier and go back to normal settings, open the Driver Verifier application again, select “Delete Existing Settings,” click “Finish,” and reboot your PC. If your computer crashes every time it boots and you can’t disable Driver Verifier, try booting into Safe Mode, launching Driver Verifier, and telling it to delete existing settings. You should then be able to boot your PC normally.
If this doesn’t work, you may be forced to boot from a Windows installation disc or recovery drive. From here, you can restore to a previous System Restore point or repair your system.