When I turn on my pc fans start working but it doesn't boot. [Solved]

-
 Facebookcoder -
Hello,

I was working on my pc yesterday when suddenly it froze and gave me a blue screen, since then everytime I try to boot it up, I get nothing, the cpu led won't give any signal, although I can ear that faint whistle of it starting it never goes to the beeping it usualy does after, I'm left staring at a black screen with only the sound of the fans (cpu fan included).

1 reply

Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
October 9, 2020
Hello, this question has been asked before, and solved. You can look at two of the best answers below and see which one helps.

Solution 1
  • Unplug everything to the machine, including the power cable.
  • Hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  • This drains all power that is stored and rests something.

Solution 2

Suggesting you a few points. Please do a check one by one. I hope, it will be solved:
  • Check the RAM is correctly seated
  • Try any other RAM
  • If the problem persists, check the video or graphics card (if any).
  • If there is no graphic card and problem still changing it clear your CMOS by removing battery
  • If it is not fixed, check the processor heat sink
  • After, will suggest you to check motherboard and processor
  • Swap monitors to ensure it's not the monitor or cables.

Let me know how you get on!
> Kubis
If it doesn't beep the motherboard is bad. You should be able to pull the cpu and still get beeps. A cap doesn't have to be blasted for a motherboard to be bad, you not always get a visual indication......
> Facebookcoder
So, being the motherboard, what could've happened, if the caps aren't busted, or swallen, then what, cmos, bios chip?
Sorry, time to realise I'm out of my league on this one. Thanks for taking the time, cheers!
> Kubis
Heat damage is permanent, and will not give a visual indication. There is no telling what could have happened.
Nothing worked, cpu is probably fried, or something, tanks anyway.
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
October 9, 2020
2,397 > Kubis
Thanks for the updates, sorry its not working...