Windows 7 won't boot.

Closed
care.b - Apr 13, 2020 at 05:59 PM
 Anonymous User - May 24, 2020 at 09:11 AM
Hey,
Samsung running Windows 7 won't boot. It will load the loading screen for Windows but then will just go completely blue with no error messages, just use of my curser. If I try to repair it will go black screen after the Windows loading page. Then on rare occasions before the blue or black out it will bring up a quick (.02 seconds) blue screen error message in a seperate page and then boom, black.

Tried going through BIOS Version 08HS (yep, old) Everything seemed fine.
Downloaded rufus and made a Microsoft 10 boot usb
Changed order of boot to usb hdd
Ran windows 10 load page all purple and all then.. blue screen.
Tried tapping F8 during the samsung load page to get to safe mode, won't.
The computer doesnt seem to be loading the software but its also technically not failing so no safe mode after three fail..

Ive been looking on the internet for quite a while and have failed. Help.

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 80.0.3987.162
Related:

3 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Apr 14, 2020 at 02:47 AM
Hello, is this the infamous 'blue screen of death'?

I recommend that you try starting in safe mode.

Also, were you having any problems before this started happening? PC slowing down, weird noises.

Did you recently update, or change anything?

It would be good if you could check there isn't a hardware issue (loose connections etc).

Regards
Hey thanks for the advice. Was hoping someone knew a hard key alternative to get to safe mode.. I cant get there as F8 wont work and it wont fail the boot 3 times.. oh forgot to mention sometimes i get a green graphic windows page that says please wait and then just stays on that..
As to previous, I forget. This computer bsoded on me about 4 or 5 years ago now.
Impkeys_2872 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday April 14, 2020 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2020
Apr 14, 2020 at 02:46 AM
Verify the Computer Finishes Initial Power-Up (POST)
Unplug All External Devices.
Check for Specific Error Messages.
Reset the BIOS to Default Values.
Boot to the HDD using the one-time boot menu.
Run a Computer Diagnostic.
Boot the Computer into Safe Mode.
Boot to the last known good configuration.

https://impkeys.com/
Anonymous User
May 24, 2020 at 09:11 AM
Try a system restore earlier than your problem hoping that automatic restore point creation is enabled