One of the main worries is that I have a router that performs really well but I don't feel like I am utilizing it to the maximum. I have a 100Mbps internet plan but I can't stream movies comfortably in my bedroom. I read an article at https://technologyreviewer.com that getting DD-WRT firmware will improve the performance of my router. The article also said that it might ruin my router, what are your views?
Slow performance of a router is main problem of wi-fi. Here are some steps you should take to improve the performance of your router:-
1. Position your router in an open space or outdoor
2. Change your wireless channel
3. Update your router's firmware
4. Update your wireless adapter drivers
5. Replace your router's antenna
6. Add a wireless repeater