Create, copy & paste into Yahoo Mail

Closed
TheGarpster - Updated on Sep 9, 2020 at 04:19 PM
GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 - Sep 12, 2020 at 08:39 AM
Hello,
I tend to write somewhat complex responses to friends that apart from including bold & italics and possibly images, I also insert my response to a phrase of theirs directly below it in a different color (no color change option here, or did I miss it?).

I'd prefer to take my time and do this offline using Word or somesuch, but then copying and pasting it into Yahoo Mail removes all my lovely taradiddles, y'know?

So, apart from using the "Offline" feature, as it may be days before I send it, how can I retain my formatting when pasting it into Yahoo Mail, or even Gmail for that matter?

TIA
fsw

System Configuration: Windows / Firefox 80.0
Related:

1 response

GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 40
Sep 11, 2020 at 04:31 AM
If you're using Chrome, you can paste text into your emails without carrying over its formatting by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+V (Command-Shift-V for OS X). If you'd like to keep the formatting of the text you're pasting, the Gmail Strike button is for you.  

If you're interested in learning of how to paste without formatting, check out post at https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/paste-without-formatting.html.
Thanks GeekPeek for your response,
The Chrome tip was to paste "without carrying over its formatting" which is exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to do! :-)

Unfortunately I forgot to include the fact that I use Firefox browser with my Gmail & Yahoo Mail messages. Got any tips for that?

All the best,
GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 40 > TheGarpster
Updated on Sep 12, 2020 at 08:40 AM
Make sure try Gmail Strike button. Have you ever tried with a different browser? Please keep me updated.