-
Registration date
Thursday December 24, 2020
Status
Last seen
December 29, 2020
-
Hello,
I am looking for help with a very new HP PC that will not boot up. It goes through a loop in which it attempts to repair, but is not successful. I have tried a hard shutdown, disconnecting power, reboot with F8 and F10 to try for safe mode (keys unresponsive), restart of Windows 10, uninstalling recent update, etc etc.
Any advice???
The HP website is useless, the live chat is non functional as is the customer phone line.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 86.0.4240.193

4 replies

Registration date
Monday December 21, 2020
Status
Last seen
December 23, 2020
Perform a hard reset
If the computer suddenly fails to startup properly, perform a hard reset as the first action. Performing the hard reset might correct many problems. If the computer still does not start properly, select your symptom from the list below to guide you to the recommended corrective actions.
1. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and SD media cards.
2. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds to drain all residual power and restore default startup settings.
3. Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not insert the battery), press the Power button, look for glowing lights near the caps lock and num lock keys, and listen for sounds of a fan or other moving parts turning.
If the computer starts normally after performing a hard reset, you are done troubleshooting.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,
Jerry M
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Wednesday November 4, 2020
Status
Administrator
Last seen
February 26, 2021
Hello, we are sorry to hear that ! Here is an article on what to do when your screen won't turn on - we hope it helps !

Good luck,
Elena
Registration date
Monday November 18, 2019
Status
Last seen
November 17, 2020
Hi here you we can check some setting like first check power supply, ensure that all your power leads are connected properly, restart your system in safe mode, Uninstall any new software or driver that you installed or updated recently. This may automatically resolve the issue.
Registration date
Monday December 21, 2020
Status
Last seen
December 23, 2020
Hope my answer helped you.
Registration date
Thursday December 24, 2020
Status
Last seen
December 29, 2020
Follow these steps to boot your HP laptop
Turn on or restart the computer.
While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.
The BIOS settings menu is accessible by pressing the f2 or the f6 key on some computers.
After opening the BIOS, go to the boot settings.
For desktop PCs: select the System Configuration tab, and then select Boot Order.
Follow the on-screen instructions to change the boot order.

I hope this is helpful!
Lewis Bert

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!