Can't use some emojis after reinstalling messenger

Closed
Serban - Nov 15, 2020 at 04:12 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 - Nov 15, 2020 at 09:41 AM
So my messenger was acting up, I was trying to read some messages from last night and only a few appeared, then it cut to some messages from a month ago, I uninstalled the app, which basically just downdated it to a previous version, and then I updated it again, this solved my issue but now I can't use the Pleading face emoji and I can't see it either, my phone's emoji keyboard didn't have it but the messenger keyboard did, and i could use it and see it, now all i see is a rectangle with an x. I logged in on messenger from my pc and i can see it but still can't use it from the messenger emoji keyboard. Is it possible that they removed it?

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 86.0.4240.193

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Nov 15, 2020 at 09:41 AM
Hi,

Is Messenger preinstalled on your mobile phone? If yes, try uninstalling its update to revert to the old version. Then you can use those emojis.

If when you update the app, some emojis disappear, it is possible that they are no longer included on the new version of Messenger.