Instagram verification code

Closed
dg - Updated on Feb 4, 2021 at 05:25 PM
 dg - Feb 6, 2021 at 09:19 AM
Hello,
a few days ago my account was temporarily locked for “suspicious activity”. When I tried to ask for a 6 digit verification code I noticed that my email account for instagram (where the verification code is being sent- the only way they can contact me) has a different extension than my actual email (@.com instead of @ .ca). I contacted yahoo and they told me that it shouldn’t be a problem since the “id” is the same, but I am not receiving any code. I tried to contact Instagram, but they have not answered. It’s an old account and I don’t want to lose it. Is there anything I can do?

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 13.1.1

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Feb 5, 2021 at 04:59 AM
Hello, if you haven't received you Instagram Code, have a look at this article which explains what to do. Facebook / Instagram are interchangeable, seeing as Facebook owns Instagram, the steps should work for both.

You can also follow the steps here on the Facebook support page if you created your account with a mobile device.

Regards